Pages

"Skin Shows III"

Some photos from "Skin Shows III", a tattoo archive of sorts, by Chris Wroblewski.

Flicking through I took poor photos on my phone (sorry about that) of all the tattoos that had a "Tribal" quality to them! Some of them are amazing! 


I love the use of bold black in all of them! The solidity and intensity is gorgeous! I love that in this one there is a face etched with the twisting shapes!
Looking at it at first, I thought that it looked almost oriental with the curves it used, but now really brings to mind a maori warrior like the one I showed here :).



I don't know if this one can count as 'Tribal' really. For some reason, I feel that the Native American history that has clearly inspired this woman's tattoo is more of a culture of a people rather than lone tribes people.
I don't know if thats a fair comment. I need to look further into it!


Now this one, is most definitely not a tribal tattoo in its design. However, its ETHOS to me is what makes it tribal. The idea that one can cover oneself with a bold pattern and clear display of self like this, is what links this man to the hundreds of thousands of tribesmen who have decorated themselves over the centuries!
It's simplicity lends to that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment