Pages

Wig Work With Seema Chopra

Seema Chopra with Madam Peripetie, taken from www.seemachopra.com

Had the amazing good luck of a workshop with the amazing wig artist/dresser, Seema Chopra. She has an amazing skill and I learnt a lot from her. Unfortunately my skills with natural hair will most likely never be able to match her talent.

Just looking at her shoots with Madame Peripetie is inspiring! Such gorgeous design from costume, to make up and more importantly, the wigs and hair pieces.

Seema Chopra with Madam Peripetie, taken from www.seemachopra.com

Seema Chopra with Madam Peripetie, taken from www.seemachopra.com

The previous two images are so amazingly 'Wild Kingdom'esque it is untrue. Such gorgeous work! I especially love the hair piece in the second image. Put together on the day with only a headband, crepe hair and copydex glue, Seema is a true genius! 
The make up in that same image is truly stunning as well. The effect on against her skin is incredible!



Image I found through google for experimentation with Seema Chopra. From www.hji.co.uk

I found this random image on the day of the work shop, and haven't been able to find it since :/. Thank goodness for watermarks on images! I'm sure someone will be able to find it on their website! It is an amazing hair piece... I wasn't quite up to scratch...

My attempt at the image from www.hji.co.uk, with Kat Armstrong

... My attempt on recreating it on Kat didn't go so well, even with Seema's help. I ran out of hair, even with the extensions I put in, and then ran out of time! But I'm so glad I got the oppurtunity.
We all agreed that if I was to do this again, it would be best to create the look as a full hairpiece and just pop it on the model on the day.

SO MUCH FUN THOUGH ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment