Pages

Rough Lil Snaps of the Results!!!

Here are a couple of quick unedited snaps from my shoots:


Delon in his test shoot as my runway model

Delon was an obvious choice for a model. As a large, toned, black male with a face for the runway, he worked amazingly. His dark skin tone meant that the make up worked extremely well. 
As his brows were so dark, I didn't add the black definition which was shown on the face chart, but that was the only real modification I made to the design once in the studio.
The pattern I designed on his chest was made with a topless walk in mind. The stripes continued up his neck to behind his ears so that some design would be showing if he had had to wear anything on his torso. 
Delon's hair was cut so short that I left it free of design. I had contemplated combing out his hair so it was a little larger, but decided it would look too messy. The cut he had was already a little rough around the edges and if it was any less refined, I think it would have made the entire look too messy. 
I think it came out really well as it was.

Though my shoot with Delon would be for the runway, I think he would have looked amazing next to Emma, my editorial model. The contrast of their skin tones next to each other, with their complimentary make ups could have looked exceptional in one image together.

Rough shot of Emma, my pale tribal Princess
I chose Emma for her pale skin and dark hair. The 'Snow White' quality to her played in excellent contrast to the tribal aspect of the design and kept it from looking too 'Wild' in my opinion. I think this contrast of culture and race is common in high fashion, as it is so intriguing.
The only modification I made to the design I had planned once in the studio, was to not add the black defining line to the eye socked. Emma's eye shape meant that the addition of this would have closed in her eyes, and made the viewer focus too much on the upper part of her face. Without it, I think the design is a lot more balanced.
If I was to shoot this again, I think I would create a hair piece to add more interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment