Pages

Editorial Design

 Here is the design I have decided on for the editiorial look on the theme 'Wild Kingdom'. I have the horrible habit of just doodling all my ideas, but this was the only one that seemed worthy of a full face template. I just fell in love with the idea of it; how the colours compliment the runway look so well, and it incorporates the 'scarification' body design work. 


The outlines in pencil down the nose and on the inner and outer corner of the eyes represents white shapes drawn on the face. The red sections of the face are to be done in the same way as in the runway look, with an almost dry brush loaded with aqua colour. 
The base is once again, plain, removing all discolouration and blemishes only, keeping it matte. The brows are black, and follow the natural shape of the model's brows. They are more square at the middle, and feather at the end, using the same kind of line as those in the body paint.
The top lip is to be all black, with the bottom only outlined in black. 
The red paint will be worked into the hairline both at the temple and at the ears, where the contouring streaks cross the cheeks. 
The painting on the neck will only go to the sternum, and will fade out like a dry brush stroke.


Hair is where I am stuck. I know what I want it to look like, but it will remain to be seen on the day how the look will finish. If it is how I want it to look, the best choice will be the top left design. I will curl the entire head with a curling wand (NOT A TONG!!!!), leave to cool, and then brush out and add a slight back comb to make it huge. As my model will be very fair skinned, it will be my version of a white-girl fro, with the curls still defined, but blown out.
The hair will be drawn away from the temple in twists though, so that you see the detail on the forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment